As We Age, We Tend To Gain Weight. Here’s Why…
Dr. Abraham Jacob shares 5 reasons you are gaining weight in an article he wrote for Natural Awakenings Magazine.
As we age, our hormones tend change and we tend to gain more weight.
Hormone Imbalance & Weight Gain
- Estrogen & Testosterone levels decrease causing weight gain and the redistribution of fat causing an apple or pear shaped body.
- Increased insulin levels can reduce the body’s ability to regulate the metabolism of carbohydrates and fats, resulting in weight gain and sometimes Diabetes.
- Hypothyroidism causes our metabolism to slow down and can result in weight gain.
- Leptin, a hormone released by fat cells, triggers the brain to feel satisfied and reduces the urge to eat. The brain can become less sensitive, resulting in not feeling full during or after a meal.
- If your body is out of sync and suffering from a hormonal imbalance, your efforts to get healthy and fit are uphill battle that you may never defeat.
You can break the cycle of weight gain by optimizing your hormones. A simple blood test to check four major hormones levels, sex hormones, leptin, insulin, and thyroid hormone may point to the reason you are gaining weight.
Call Heart & Vitality in Plano today to schedule your complimentary consultation.